Keep up with the latest happenings with our News section.
Have a question or a comment? We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our New Home
In the fall of 2021, we announced that we were undertaking a diligent, deliberate, and transparent process to explore the possibility of a new ballpark district. We said we would look at various locations across the city that will allow for residential, commercial, and community components. We are excited to now share that we have several leading locations under close consideration, both in downtown Kansas City and close to it.
Each site offers unique opportunities. We look forward to seeking input from the public over the coming months about our vision to best serve ALL of our residents and build on the momentum our city is experiencing. To accomplish this move, our plans will be contingent on continuing our public-private partnership and investment with multiple local jurisdictions and the State of Missouri.
Kansas City is our home, and we believe our home deserves an experience unlike any other. Watch our video to learn more about our vision for the future of Kansas City and the Royals.
From Chairman and CEO John Sherman
Kansas City Royals Chairman and CEO John Sherman wrote to Royals fans and the Kansas City community on November 15, 2022 regarding the possibility of a new ballpark district.
A New Home for Royals Fans Far and Wide
Our vision is to not just build a facility that does justice to the spirit of The K. We want to construct a world-class experience â€“ a new ballpark district and all that comes with it â€“ one that is woven into the fabric of our city, can host events and concerts, and boosts our local economy.
View presentations from our December 13, 2022 community meeting that provide details on the current state of The K, a parking and transportation comparison, an overview of the extensive economic and other benefits of a new ballpark district, and an exploration of the trends and other data points that are driving decisions on what the new ballpark district will feature and where it will be located.
In the Community
Having a Positive Impact Off the Field
There are 25 markets in America that have a team like our Boys in Blue, and we’re grateful to be a major league city. We want to make sure that we not only put a good product on the field but have a uniquely positive impact off the field â€” in the community we love.
- Supported 111 community organizations.
- Revitalized 36 softball and baseball fields.
- 46% of employees volunteered in the community for a total of 856 hours.
- 18 different alumni volunteered a total of 119 hours in the community.
- 35 players and coaches volunteered a total of 146 hours in the community.
2022 Children’s Programs
- At select games throughout the season, the Royals grant the wish of a Dream Factory child who is facing a chronic or life-threatening illness.
- Constructed two new sensory rooms hosting 162 families this season.
- 500 girls introduced to 14 sports/fitness activities at Camp WIN.
2022 Donations Aiding Children
- $41,725 donated to Ronald McDonald House.
- $25,000 donated to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
- $25,000 donated to Braden’s Hope.
- $10,000 donated to Happy Bottoms.
- $5,000 donated to Girls on the Run.
2022 Educational Programs
- Partnered with SchoolSmartKC to award 24 teachers and staff with $10,000 scholarship, and KC Scholars to award 6 students with a 5-year, $50,000 scholarship.
- $100,000 donated to City Year Kansas City.
- $15,000 donated to teacher classrooms through Whataburger Craving Knowledge.
- 2,305 tickets awarded to Royals Honors students.
- 2,600 students served through Junior Achievement’s JA BizTown partnership.
2022 Military and First Responder Programs
- In partnership with Blue KC, each Friday home game the Royals honored a first responder who helps to destigmatize behavioral health issues. Additionally, $25,000 was donated to The Battle Within.
- 81 veteran or active-duty service members from the United States Armed Forces were honored in 2022 as part of the Salute to Service Program.
2022 Baseball and Softball Programs
- Since 2006, the Royalty Fields program has donated over $2.7 Million to renovate 205 fields.
- Touched 13,100 lives through the Royals Week at the Community Blood Center.
- 2,700+ individuals registered in 2022 for KC Urban Youth Academy programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the new Royals ballpark district beneficial to the Kansas City economy? Kauffman Stadium is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country with a storied history. What features from The K will be integrated into the new ballpark district? Find answers to those and other questions on our FAQ page.